Wednesday, September 24, 2014

In Hong Kong!

It was a long flight and seat space was the usual tight economy, but Singapore Airlines had the nicest plane I've been on in a long time, with very helpful, cheerful and conscientious attendants, and a wide range of food and entertainment choices.  My new noise-canceling headphones really helped.  I managed to sleep about 5 hours , not that much less than a normal night's sleep.  Best of all was a pull down foot rest like on busses that helped me get my legs into a more comfortable position.  It was dark all the way across the Pacific as we stayed just ahead of the rising sun.  After landing we could see
the sun coming up on misty mountains rimmed by white skyscrapers.


After a four-hour layover and a three-hour flight, we'll be in Beijing this afternoon.

No comments: